Spring cleaning or Moving?
Spring Cleaning or Moving?
Whether you are spring cleaning or moving, storage units can be used for many different reasons. When you’re trying to sell your home you may want to free closets and rooms of extra clutter so that the place shows better. Maybe you just have too much furniture for your new home. Another instance, the kids have moved out but you can’t part with all their childhood memorabilia.
People use storage units and want to store items for many different seasons. Stacks of documents that need to be kept but you don’t want them to take up living space or office space, then a rent storage unit.
No matter what your need is, finding a storage unit is made easy here with our friendly and knowledgeable staff located on property. Within a few minutes you’ll know exactly what size storage is available, how much it will cost and then determine which solution is best for you.
Here are a few details to check on when you are comparing and selecting storage units.
*What size storage units are available, their location on property, the rental cost, inclusive of all the fees?
*Are there any specials or discounts available on the storage unit?
*Do the access hours meet your needs?
*What is the risk of insect infestation?
*How is the security?
*Is there adequate room for parking, and the distance from your car/truck to the unit?
Once you’ve rented a storage unit whether that be climate controlled or non climate storage, it’s important to plan how best to place your items.
Follow these tips to make the most of your self storage unit and the experience.
- Create aisles with box labels facing out.
- Don’t stack boxes too high so that getting what you need becomes dangerous or overly time consuming.
- Make sure that the secure lock on your storage is sturdy.
- Get a contact name at the storage facility. The storage manager may also be helpful in giving you instructions on how to unload your belongings.
- Read your agreement for termination and payment regulations.
- When using professional movers remember to make sure that the boxes are clearly marked to avoid confusion later.