Boat Storage and Servicing Tips
Boat Storage and servicing at summer’s end are important.
Here are some helpful boat storage tips to remember before your boat goes to a storage unit.
- Take your boat out one last time, assess all that needs repair before you winterize the boat.
- Get the boat out of the water, pull the boat plug, and air out storage lockers to avoid mildew.
- Wash, clean, examine,repair and service your boat before it is placed into a self storage unit.
- Winterize the boat engine by changing the fluids and replacing all filters in your boat.
- Avoid engine problems by topping off with fuel, then add a gas stabilizer to reduce condensation.
- It highly recommend that the entire process of engine and fuel-system winter-ization be left to a qualified mechanic.
- Remove all electronics including the battery and store them in a warm dry place.
- Clean battery terminals on your boat thoroughly.
- Always put a cover on your boat to keep it clean for the year and find a good boat storage.
- Lastly do not forget to take out and clean all your wave boards, skis and toys.